Darkest Powers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chloe's Lover

+2
Pegasus
*Ari*
6 posters

Go down

Chloe's Lover Empty Chloe's Lover

Post  *Ari* Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:07 pm

Hey so you guys both like Derek for Chloe right? becuase even though Simon is Okay, I think that Derek is way better for Chloe. Plus he is apparently gonna get cuter in the third book. Even though in my head I picture him as a way hot guy.
*Ari*
*Ari*

Back to top Go down

Chloe's Lover Empty Re: Chloe's Lover

Post  Pegasus Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:52 pm

Yup, I loved Derek from the start, when he was annoying, mean and rude Very Happy Got attracted to him like a moth to a flame Laughing

I am all for Chloe and Derek. I had a feeling Kelley wouldn't let him have acne forever, but to be a teenage/ pre-werewolf thing. Me thinks it will go completely when he fully transforms Cool But I'm glad Kelley made him ugly and unpredictable instead of the usual tall, dark and handsome Rolling Eyes
Simon's cool, but in The Awakening he annoyed me. He obviously likes Chloe and wants her to be his girlfriend. Tut. Can't he see that for once in his life Derek has finally opened up to someone and that's Chloe! They're meant to be together. Hopefully in the end she will choose Derek, after all she has started feeling something for him bounce
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:34 pm

Pegasus wrote: But I'm glad Kelley made him ugly and unpredictable instead of the usual tall, dark and handsome Rolling Eyes ... ...
Simon's cool, but in The Awakening he annoyed me. He obviously likes Chloe and wants her to be his girlfriend. Tut. Can't he see that for once in his life Derek has finally opened up to someone and that's Chloe!

i totally agree Exclamation Derek has probably never let anyone, even Simon, get that personal with him. I just hope she realizes that Simon isn't ''the one''. ooooooooo i cant wait to find out!

and yes, i also think that once Derek finally changes all the way, she will be VERY good looking. i always pictured him that waway, anyhow. I love you
-Admin.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkestpowers.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlin Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:22 pm

I totally agree with all three of you! Derek always intrigued me! I always had this feeling that him and Chloe are just meant to be.

If you want to get into Derek's mind I would suggest (If you haven't already) Read Chloe's blog on myspace. Kelley Armstrong has an account for advertising the trilogy. In the blog, Kelley asked some fans what they would prefer she write an online story about. The one that won was Derek and Simon's journey and how they ended up in Lyle House. It's called "Dangerous" and it's AMAZING! It is mostly in Derek's POV, it's quite interesting. So if you have a bit of a fangirl obession our misunderstood Werewolf friend like I do, then go read "Dangerous"! Very Happy
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Chloe's Lover Empty Dangerous

Post  Pegasus Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Im loving Dangerous! It's so great to have Derek narrate. Each chapter tells us a little more about Derek as well. Very Happy

Glad you brought it up! Although I'm reading it on Chloe's LiveJournal page ( http://chloe-saunders.livejournal.com )
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlin Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Chloe has a livejournal page too?! That's awesome! I am loving it too! I can't wait for the next chapter. I wanted to cry when I read the last chapter! Sad
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Chloe's Lover Empty Dangerous

Post  *Ari* Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:09 pm

Yeah I know I'm reading that too it is soo awesome! And I totally freaked when Derek did that at the end of the last chapter. I can't wait until the first!
*Ari*
*Ari*

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambur Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:16 pm

Yay! I am definitely home in this forum.

I also loved Derek right from the beginning. As soon as he scared Chloe in the kitchen I was taken. Even with the description of him being huge and the whole puberty smackdown thing, I was still totally swooning over him. Very Happy

There are so many moments in the first two books that just made me love him even more. His changes are definitely top favourites of mine. Smile It's probably the only time he shows vulnerability and I love that he shared them with Chloe, while with Simon he's always so careful to never show weakness to. It shows that he thinks of Chloe as an equal, which is definitely something people need in a relationship. I think the moment Chloe decided to stay with Derek during his change, his wolf side totally claimed her as his mate, and I don't really think Derek wanted to disagree either. Wink

I'm not gonna lie, I totally liked the Awakening more than the Summoning, and honestly the only reason for that is the fact that Derek gets a lot more time in the spotlight in it. I love how he went from being this grumpy guy in the first one to being someone who would do pretty much anything for Chloe, of course I was totally crossing my fingers for that kind of thing to happen after reading the Summoning. The only thing that could've made it better would have been even more Derek, and some actual romance between Chloe and Derek. I mean I know I saw things happening between them while reading both books, but so much of it is left to interpretation that I'd really like some solid action to happen between them! I want them to kiss so bad! And for them to be together of course! Very Happy
Ambur
Ambur

Back to top Go down

Post  Pegasus Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:02 am

Totally agree with the change. I didn't know how personal Changing is to werewolves (until I read Bitten), and to have Chloe beside him when he's going through it time after time, means A LOT more than he can say.
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambur Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:59 pm

It is really personal. You're right, well unless you're Clay then you just do it anywhere haha
But when you look like Clay I really don't think anyone would mind if you decided to randomly strip and turn into a wolf, they'd be too distracted to even notice the change anyways lol
I love Derek's changes though. And I really think Kelley is gonna have him complete his change in the Reckoning, I don't know if it'll be the third time he tries to change, but I definitely think it's gonna happen in the book. It just seems to fit, and it'd make sense. I am so psyched for it though! You just know it'll make Chloe and Derek even closer, there's no way it won't, and she'd never leave him during his change, even if he told her to. Smile
Just thinking of how that scene could work makes me smile Very Happy
Ambur
Ambur

Back to top Go down

Post  Pegasus Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:57 pm

I had a feeling it'd be a "third-time-lucky" thing... 1st book: no change. 2nd book: part change. 3rd book: complete change.
And I want Chloe to stay through the whole thing too, Im sure it'll be unpleasant to the eye, but I want her to stay with him no matter what Very Happy
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambur Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Oh same here. I'd be like Chloe? WTF! lol
I'd also probably find a reason to blame Simon for her not staying haha
Ambur
Ambur

Back to top Go down

Post  Pegasus Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Argh Simon. Grr!
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambur Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:30 pm

I second that Razz lol
Ambur
Ambur

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlin Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:38 pm

I third it! lol! =)
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambur Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:46 pm

It's gonna be weird now if anyone joins this forum that likes Simon.
Oh well, too bad for them Razz lol
Ambur
Ambur

Back to top Go down

Post  DK'Girl Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:50 pm

I fourth that!!! And my best friend beside me fifth it Wink I have been taken with Derek ever since his first appearance in The summoning... There's just something about him that makes me unable to resist the fangirl-gene (something I have been seriously acquaintanced with ever since reading it for the first time). I just LOVE his sense of humor and sarcasm. Like: "No shit.", "I don't know but it's so sweet." and "Dear diary,..." Those are definitely some of my favorite quotes from Dangerous. I really enjoyed reading it, since I thought it was very interesting to get more in tune with his way of thinking, and really getting to know him and his story.
>.< Derek and Chloe are meant to be together, and that's just final!
DK'Girl
DK'Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum