Darkest Powers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mortal Instruments Series!

2 posters

Go down

The Mortal Instruments Series! Empty The Mortal Instruments Series!

Post  Caitlin Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:57 pm

I saw "City of Bones" at Walmart a couple of months ago and I wasn't sure about it. I read a couple of pages and decided that it was worth a shot. I found the first chapter a little difficult to get into, but after that, I WAS HOOKED! I finished it in a day and bought "City of Ashes" and "City of Glass" straight after! I really recommend this series to my fellow Darkest Powers fans!!

GO READ IT!!!!!!! (Maybe May 2010 will come faster if you do! Razz)
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

The Mortal Instruments Series! Empty Re: The Mortal Instruments Series!

Post  Ambur Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:02 pm

I read this series back around March (for the first time anyways) lol
And I loved it Very Happy
I actually didn't have a problem getting into it, but I've heard people say that they have. I think that's the reason some people didn't like it, they judged it from the first chapter and quit right away....but once you get into it, it's an amazing series. Very Happy (sure it may have some subject matter that some people could find offensive or iffy but what literature doesn't these days lol)
Cassandra Clare is actually writing a fourth book to the series, from Simon's point of view, but it's not going to come out for a while. I'm pretty sure she's planning on releasing the first book in her new series (the Infernal Devices) before the City of Fallen Angels, that's the title of the next one Smile and they're actually planning on making the series into films too. Very Happy I'm not sure how I feel about that though, don't know if I'll be pleased with how they capture Jace on film. Wink that boys just too damn sexy and hot for his own good haha Razz
Ambur
Ambur

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlin Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:13 am

Yeah, one of my friends didn't continue reading it because of the whole Jace/Clary thing. If only she read City of Glass!!!! I keep telling her to continue but she refuses to Sad

I agree, Jace is wayyyy too sexy for his own good! Razz The Jace/Clary relationship is what kept me reading. I wanted to see what happened between them! I was so excited at the end of CoG! Not just for Jace and Clary though! Alec and a certain someone was pretty exciting too! I was jumping up and down! Also Luke and Jocelyn!

I can't wait to read "City of Fallen Angels"! I REALLY want to know who Simon ends up with! I kinda hope it's Isabelle, but I'm not sure if that will happen! I can't wait for the infernal devices to come out either. I kinda want to see what Magnus was like before The Mortal Instruments.
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambur Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:17 pm

Ya lots of people I think were turned off by the Clary and Jace relationship, but it never really bothered me lol I didn't accept it, I was like nope it's somehow not true...and go figure I was right lol I just figured why would all that effort go into making them feel so connected and right, if it was not possible. Authors don't usually keep going with things that have no hope of working out, and to be honest I probably wouldn't have even cared if it hadn't been a lie. It's not like they were raised knowing it, and I just love Jace to much to care lol and since you go through the story as Clary, it's her you want him to be with haha and I do like Clary, some people don't but I thought she was awesome Very Happy

Ya I read those books so fast, I only bought the first one originally, but I finished it quickly and got my mom to pick me up the other two lol I love Alec and Magnus Very Happy they're so different, it makes them so cute together. Smile and Jocelyn and Luke...all I have to say is it was about time lol Very Happy

Simon was an okay character, he did annoy me though, but I would like to see what happens to him. I don't think he picked one of the girls though, I think Simon's method is more let's just get out of here so I don't have to choose haha at least that's what I'm assuming by the descriptions I've read for COFA. I'd prefer Isabelle myself too. Smile I know I can't wait to read her next series! And the one character, I'm pretty sure he's actually a relative of Jace's by his last name, sounds just like Jace Wink and I can never get enough of characters like him haha Smile
I wonder how big of a part Magnus will play in the Infernal Devices, like if he'll be a huge character or one that just kinda pops in here or there. I know the one chick, the one who we see in COG near the bushes during the celebration in the epilogue, I'm pretty sure she's the main character in the Infernal Devices or another warlock ( I can't remember if the girls are warlocks too, cause I'm pretty sure they aren't witches haha), but I have a feeling Magnus might be her mentor or something like that, help her learn the ropes. Maybe show her to party haha Razz
Ambur
Ambur

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlin Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:25 pm

Hmm, I wonder too! I really hope that Magnus plays a bigger part in the Infernal Devices! I also find it cute because He and Alec are so different. Magnus is all like: I'm SPARKLY, LOOK AT MEEEEEE, Ouuu Partay time!, Pretty Colorrrsss!, very charming, flambouyant, and charismatic kind of guy. Alec is all like: I am a shadowhunder *Broods*, I wear all black because it looks cool, nobody can know what my sexuality is because it is a shadowhunter taboo, overall, typical strong and silent type-ish. At the end of CoG I was jumping up and down with glee that Alec had finally stepped up! GO ALEC! Razz

As for Jace/Clary, I really didn't care if the relation thing was true or not! I still kept reading because I wanted to know what was going to happen between them and that they loved eachother, even if they knew it was wrong. I knew that Jace could never stay away from her! CoG makes my inner fangirl come out! *SQUEES! Razz I almost dies with happiness when Jace wanted to spend the night with her because it may have been his last chance and when he said that he'd never want to want another girl! I could go on, but I think you get the picture! lol!
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambur Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:51 pm

I hope there's lots of Magnus in the Infernal Devices too! Very Happy It'd be awesome to see what he was like back then Very Happy
Oh I know. Magnus and Alec are just so different, they just compliment each other. Smile Alec always makes me smile with how he doesn't care about what he wears too, like when he wears faded stuff and eveybody makes fun of him, poor guy...he doesn't even notice haha and Magnus, he just knows exactly what he wants and goes for it Wink lol
Ya, I didn't care either, I think since the books are narrated by Clary for the most part and Jace is super sexy Wink you just want them together to get more Jace haha Wink
Same here! When he asked to sleep with her I was just like DO IT! Who cares Clary! lol and same with when they were making out at the mansion, I understood she only stopped him because she didn't want to give him another reason to hate himself, but I was still silently screaming NO! Come on! Please dont' stop him! I ate up any Jace and Clary action or moments that I could get, those were the best parts of the books for me Smile even the Seelie Court kiss, it was so intense and angst-filled...I loved it! Very Happy I felt bad for their suffering and all but always craved more between them...kind of feeding off their own desires to always be around one another even though it was considered "wrong". Ya...I think you can tell I'm a little fangirl myself haha Smile
Ambur
Ambur

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlin Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:12 pm

I totally can't wait for the Infernal Devices! It comes on September 7th! and The City of Fallen Angels comes in March of next year! I am really EXCITED!
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum