Darkest Powers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book's out, discuss here...

3 posters

Go down

Book's out, discuss here... Empty Book's out, discuss here...

Post  Pegasus Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:16 pm

This is the place to discuss the book once you've read it. If you haven't read the book know that this thread will contain spoilers.

I got the book yeasterday and sat down to read it once I had stopped dancing. It was great, really wonderful. I mean Kelley couldn't have made it more perfect. Anyone read it yet? Very Happy
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Book's out, discuss here... Empty Re: Book's out, discuss here...

Post  Caitlin Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:35 pm

I haven't read it yet! It's coming in the mail because I have the misfortune of living in the middle of nowhere with no bookstore Sad I will hopefully get it in a couple of days. I will be back.... After I read it of course! Razz
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pegasus Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Enjoy it Caitlin! Very Happy
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlin Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:40 am

OH MY GOD! I READ IT!

*****************SPOILERS AHEAD********************

And warning, this is going to be a LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG post!

HOLY FREAKING CRAP! I loved every single moment of it. Even when Simon kissed Chloe, because she felt like she was making a mistake and how Simon immediately thought that she liked some other guy and then thought it was Derek. And she was all like "It's not like that!" "I can't like Derek" "That's impossible, we're just friends". Then when simon leaves her and Chloe makes her way home, guess who's there waiting? "Ding ding ding!" Derek! Of course he noticed that she was crying and he figures out that Chloe might like him and they get into their 50th tiff of the day. Then after that whole incident how she suddenly starts thinking "Oh My God, what if I DO like Derek?", then... "Oh My God, I ACTUALLY LIKE Derek!" It kept me squealing the whole time!

I found it hilarious and really frustrating that every time Derek would try to kiss her, somebody would interrupt and Chloe would be like " MAN, why didn't he go for it!" cheers Believe me, I was going......GO FOR IT DUDE! GO FOR IT!

What about when Derek first changed?
That made my cry Sad
He was practically begging Chloe to go with him and it broke my heart when she first didn't want to and he sounded like he didn't know what to do or say. When she agreed to go with him she kept trying to stay angry with him, but she couldn't! I had a feeling that Liam and Ramon were going to come back and I knew that they were out to kill Derek. I didn't think that Derek was going to be a wolf when it happened. I loved that whole part! I also loved when Chloe thought, but what if he rips through his shorts? then he'd be naked... crap! Hahahaaha!

I loved the part where Chloe hugged him, fell onto his lap and he kept her there. Well, Let's just say that this fangirl was going into OVERDRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole Andrew thing PISSED ME OFF! I really really wanted him to be good, I really did! When Chloe figured out Gwen was dead, I flipped out! When they took Chloe, Simon, and Tori back to the Edison group, I was all like, "Derek is TOTALLY going to rescue them! and he did, with Liz! Razz

When Chloe did something she thinks she shouldn't have done, she has an image of Derek in her mind and she says that if Derek was here he'd yell at her and whatnot, but that he wasn't and that he was probably a lot safer than she was.

The whole Chloe's mom thing made me BAWL! When Chloe realized it was her mom and Derek tried to brush it off then realized by Chloe's reaction that she wasn't just seeing or hearing things. I love how softie he gets when her mom is mentioned! Oh, did I mention I LOVE Derek?

The whole Royce thing. When I realized what Royce wanted to do to Derek, I was FLIPPING! All you could hear out of me was "OMG NOOOOO!" But they made it out, like they always do!

When the Dr. took over her body and she realizes she's a ghost and Derek looks very worried and at some point apologizes to her about chewing her out for the necklace.

What about the whole Kit is Tori's father thing?
It does get addressed again in the book, but with no confirmation from Kit or Diane, but from the demi-demon. She said it was the worst kept secret in the lab. But it seems like Kit is like Simon and can be very smart alecky. I love how he approached Diane. I was rolling when he was all like "It's been awhile..." I think that kinda confirmed Tori's paternity as well....

When the gang was trying to find a place to hide and they came across the place where Derek grew up, Chloe and Derek recongnize it. Derek from memory and Chloe from what Derek told her and Derek's reaction when they were in there. That was a pretty heartbreaking part.

Oh, and the whole standoff where Dr.Davidoff and Mrs. Enright told Kit to take Simon and Derek and leave. That only the girls were a danger. Right away Derek says "I'm not leaving without Chloe." and when Davidoff wants to keep Derek and he says take your SON and go, cut your losses. Kit says that he's taking his SONS and wants to take Tori, Chloe and Lauren with him too. OH SNAP! GO KIT!!!!!!

When the place collapsed and Kit was searching for Derek and he was all like I'm over here with Chloe, then when they find her aunt lauren, Derek holds her back. AWEEEEEEE! Then when Chloe did what she did, I had to read it a couple of times before I understood what was going on. When I read it, I was really sad. It looks like Derek and Chloe will have a lot of guilt over killing somebody.

When Tori was sad about her mother and Tori tries to say that she is okay by saying, "she was an evil bitch", and Chloe goes "but she was YOUR evil bitch". That was really nice that they could talk to each other and mean it.

Finally, the last two pages of the book MADE MY LIFE! No joke, I was SCREAMING at the top of my lungs into a pillow! (It was one in the morning at this point!) I was like YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS *WOOOOOOOOOOWHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO* *HAPPY DANCE X 1000000000000* *FIREWORKSSSSSSS* *I'LL LOVE KELLEY ARMSTRONG FOREVER!!!* *TAKE THAT SIMON, DEREK GETS THE GIRL!!!!!!!!!* cheers cheers cheers cheers

Can't you tell I adored the book? The only thin that I wanted was more answers. The book left me wanting more. I really hope she includes Simon, Derek, Chloe and Tori in her other books! I really want to know more about what happened! Oh and Chloe's hair, I didn't see it mention if it turned blonde again or something after washing it. Maybe I was just too caught up in the whole Chloe/Derek sexual tension stuff! Razz
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pegasus Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:50 pm

Hahahah!!!!!
So I'm guessing you didn't like the book? Wink

Lol. You've pretty much said it all!
When Derek came to ask Chloe I was pretty much in his shoes. I kept on thinking "Omg no!!! Chloe you can't say 'no' to him NOW when he's gonna fully change!!!" Shocked I had to just skip and see that she DOES go with him and then I calmed down a bit and went back to her having a go at Derek. I must say I'm glad she DID have a go at him, she was right; he saw her to be upset both times and STILL he was chewing her out. Specially after the date with Simon, when he said "What'd you do to him Chloe?" I was like "How COULD you Derek?!" No He can be SO horrible to her. She's right, how did he think he could have a go at her and NOT hurt her in the process? So it only makes sense if she has a go at him at the time when he's most vulnerable to get her point across and make him UNDERSTAND. I love Derek, I do, but he CAN go too far with Chloe sometimes, just to keep her at an arms length. No
That scene in the woods was lovely though, when they played a bit after he Changed cheers

Royce was one crazy kid, but he did put the question in mind of whether they all go mad in the end? confused Is it possible that the failures like Tori and Chloe (I dont think Derek is a failure, he's a pretty normal werewolf of Kelley's) might just go mad in the end? I hope not pale

It's true that Derek and Chloe will suffer for killing someone, but it's the life they have to lead from now and they get that. They've grown a lot in the 3 books to know they'll have to do things they would never have thought they'd do. Derek felt so guilty to putting a boy to coma, of course he's going to find it hard after Liam, but Liam was out to KILL Derek no matter what. Anyway, Chloe and Derek have each other, they'll be fine Smile

And the ending. Ah, I really wished it was longer. I was hoping they go to the park and maybe chat a bit aimlessly, and then kiss. Or the other way around. I love you

Btw I love Tori! For me she's the strongest character in the bunch. With a family as messed up as hers, she's still true and loyal to her friends. I would love to come back to her, as well as the others.

I loved this book. I can see where a few questions may have been left unanswered, but knowing Kelley she'll definitely answer them soon enough.
I can't wait for the next trilogy. It's going to be on the Pheonix Project (you'd have heard of it when Tori did some spying) and Kelley did say she's definitely thinking of coming back to Chloe and the gang after that trilogy. Yaaaay!!! Very Happy bounce
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlin Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:19 pm

YAY! I can't wait for the new trilogy, and getting back to Chloe and the gang! I totally agree, I wish that they had chatted and stuff after the big kiss. But I can understand why she left it there. Throughout the almost the whole book he tries to kiss her and they keep getting interrupted and finally he was like "We'll go for a LONG walk!" I loved the emphasis on long, oh and when Chloe said that they went for a walk. ALONE. Hahaha! I really love how it ended though. I can't stop reading it!
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pegasus Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:02 pm

I know what you mean. I love how it ended: "This is what I wanted. This guy. This life. This me. I was never getting my old life back, and I didn't care. I was happy. I was safe. I was right where I wanted to be."
How PERFECT is that?! I love you
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlin Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:35 pm

I know! I still keep reading it! The ending was EPIC! It was so movie like that it really suited Chloe! lol!
Oh and the whole thing where he picked her up, that sounded like the famous kiss from the notebook! hahahahaha! I was literally SCREAMING my head off! Razz
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Post  katie93 Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:53 pm

i LOVED the book it was amazing! i agree w/ everything yall have already posted about the events i was soooooo happy when derek and chloe FINALLY kissed but i was so happy when things kept leading up to it(like when she was sitting on his lap when they were on the computer I love you
what i wanna know is why did the color of her necklace change? they said why she had to wear it but not why the color changed

katie93

Back to top Go down

Post  Pegasus Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:24 am

Lol. Kelley said the publishers wanted to change the colour of the pendent on the cover, so Kelley said yes and fit it into her book. Im thinking it changes colour when it absorbs Chloe's 'glow'. When she took it off her orginal glow showed. Neutral
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlin Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:29 am

Good theory Pegasus, I think so too!

Yeah kaitie, I loved the whole lap thing! I jump up and down every time I read it!!! Razz
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Post  katie93 Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:27 pm

that explanation sounds legit lol
im gonna read the whole series over again sometime soon

katie93

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlin Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Yeah, me too! I will start reading it again quite soon!
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum