Darkest Powers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Immortals

4 posters

Go down

The Immortals Empty The Immortals

Post  Caitlin Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:30 pm

I read a book called "Evermore" by Alyson Noel and I am reading the Sequel "Blue Moon". The series is called "The Immortals". They are pretty good reads! Not as good as DP of course, but they are still very good! Razz
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

The Immortals Empty Re: The Immortals

Post  Pegasus Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:20 pm

I actually want to read Evermore! But it's not in my library Sad
It does sound good though...
"Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, Ever can see auras, hear people's thoughts, and know a person's entire life story by touch. Going out of her way to avoid human contact and suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school..."

Love the name Ever I love you
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

The Immortals Empty the immortals

Post  *Ari* Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:15 pm

I read both the ones out and it is really good. I'm so glad the moved the release date for the new book to November 24th. I also really like The House of Night series.
*Ari*
*Ari*

Back to top Go down

The Immortals Empty Other book

Post  *Ari* Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:08 pm

I've also been dying to read Intertwined by Gena Showalter bounce
*Ari*
*Ari*

Back to top Go down

Post  Pegasus Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:05 pm

*Ari* wrote:I've also been dying to read Intertwined by Gena Showalter bounce

Just checked it out, looks VERY interesting. Love how there's FOUR souls inside him. Can't WAIT to read it!
I checked it out here: http://genashowalter.blogspot.com/2009/04/intertwined.html
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambur Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:04 pm

Awe I love the Immortals!
I was so sad when I read Blue Moon though, poor Ever :'(
I love her name too. Ever. It's so unique. I'm too lazy to be that creative, when I have kids they'll probably be like Sue or Tina, and Edwin (just cause it makes me smile). But to be serious, I'll probably name my kids after characters in books, I just won't tell anyone else that Wink lol

Well, off the topic of my imaginary future offspring...this series kicks butt! I liked Darkest Powers more too, but I still loved the Immortals too. Smile
Alyson Noel did an awesome job with her characters, and I love how descriptive she is when she talks about auras and other paranormal things. You can really tell that she puts a lot of effort into figuring out as much as she can on the topics in her books. Like in Blue Moon, with all of the characteristics of the stones, I just love her attention to detail. And I definitely love Damon...well most of the time. lol
Ambur
Ambur

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlin Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:36 am

I like the House of Night Series too *Ari*! I am almost done Untamed! I can't wait to started Hunted!
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

The Immortals Empty house of night

Post  *Ari* Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:39 pm

yeah they are really good! Hunted is great I think it's my fav of them. Can't wait til october 27th cheers
*Ari*
*Ari*

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlin Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:57 pm

I'm on hunted and so far it's AWESOME!
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambur Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:49 pm

I know I'm psyched for October! And they posted the first chapter of Tempted today! I got an email, now I'm even more excited! Very Happy
Ambur
Ambur

Back to top Go down

The Immortals Empty Evermore

Post  Pegasus Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:41 pm

So I read Evermore... Didn't like it No
I expected it to be good. I didn't like how they made Damon out to look like a vampire, when I knew he wasn't it was VERY clear what he was since the series is called The IMMORTALS series. Rolling Eyes And anyway, I didn't like his mysteriousness very much either. I can see some readers not liking Ever's depressing character but I cut her some slack - she lost her whole family in a car accident, only to be left alive with this weird power she can't deal with. That would have anyone go insane, but she just kept herself to herself. So that's fine. Ever wasn't that annoying for me.
I LOVED the tulip thing (because I love tulips, they're gorgeous!! I love you ) but that was all I loved about the book, the power of immortality didn't make sense, and for me it was like Allyson Noel came up with this new supernatural concept which she herself couldn't make sense of.
I don't plan to read the next books, I'm not really that interested. Neutral
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum