Darkest Powers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A sneak peek at "The Reckoning"

2 posters

Go down

A sneak peek at "The Reckoning" Empty A sneak peek at "The Reckoning"

Post  Caitlin Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Okay, I did a little browsing and I found a sneak peak of the book on the harper teen website.

Brace yourselves Ladies!!!!!!!!

This is on the inside jacket of the book!

"My name is Chloe Saunders. I'm fifteen and I would love to be normal.
But normal is one thing I'm not.
For one thing, I'm having these feelings for a certain antisocial werewolf...."

I'll stop here, just in case you don't want all the juicy stuff Razz

All I'm going to say is, Chlerek fans, our wish may come true!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to this link to read the rest of it! I almost started jumping up and down!

http://browseinside.harperteen.com/index.aspx?isbn13=9780061662836

Oh, and for even more, scroll down to the near end. The info about kelley and the back of the book!

I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

A sneak peek at "The Reckoning" Empty Chapter 7

Post  Pegasus Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:25 pm

I'm guessing you've read Chapter 7 too?! Hahah!!! I was in a bad mood and Chp 7 really lifted me up! Very Happy Yay! We got more Derek and Chloe!!! bounce
My fav part in that chapter has to be "You need your sleep. Toughing it out isn't going to impress anyone. It's just stupid" - HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!! Cool Gotta love him. Chloe's following "Ah, Derek. Always so encouraging." was too true Very Happy

I'm glad Kelley has put it in the jacket that it's more Derek + Chloe than Simon + Chloe. It was always heading that way.
Who do you think was the ghost Chloe heard? I think it's either her mum or her aunt. Im so glad Derek came in storming, telling her not to get her necklace off. You go Derek!!!! cheers
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

A sneak peek at "The Reckoning" Empty Chapter 8

Post  Pegasus Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Omg there was so much Derek+Chloe in chapter 8 I could've died from happines!!!! Yay!!! bounce
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

A sneak peek at "The Reckoning" Empty Re: A sneak peek at "The Reckoning"

Post  Caitlin Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:19 pm

YES! Chapter 8 WAS AWESOME!

I think that the ghost that Chloe was hearing was her mom! I thought that right away!

My other two faves from ch 7 were when Derek's expression immediately softens when there is any mention of Chloe's mother and when Derek freaked out at Tori and said that the Edison group wouldn't hesitate to lock them up Sad Poor Derek!

My favorites from chapter 8 were:

-Sees freaky ghostly replay, goes to wake up Derek Razz

-Chloe not wanting to barge into the guys room so she doesn't drool over shirtless and pantless Derek! Razz (I'll wake him up! Pick me Pick me!!!)

-Chloe: I'll leave you to it then.
Derek: NO!, I mean if you're tired, sure. But you don't have to.

-Derek continuously asking Chloe if she's okay! AWWEE!

-Chloe getting angry (and CURSING! well, if you count crap as a curse! Razz) when Andrew talks to her about Derek!!!

- Andrew blabbing on about animal and human instincts....*hemhem*.... "Derek seems very attached to you, Chloe" *Insert BIGGEST fangirl *SQUEE* of all time! Razz*

-"They didn't see Derek, all the saw was the werewolf" HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Razz
Caitlin
Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pegasus Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Caitlin wrote:YES! Chapter 8 WAS AWESOME!

I think that the ghost that Chloe was hearing was her mom! I thought that right away!

My other two faves from ch 7 were when Derek's expression immediately softens when there is any mention of Chloe's mother and when Derek freaked out at Tori and said that the Edison group wouldn't hesitate to lock them up Sad Poor Derek!

My favorites from chapter 8 were:

-Sees freaky ghostly replay, goes to wake up Derek Razz

-Chloe not wanting to barge into the guys room so she doesn't drool over shirtless and pantless Derek! Razz (I'll wake him up! Pick me Pick me!!!)

-Chloe: I'll leave you to it then.
Derek: NO!, I mean if you're tired, sure. But you don't have to.

-Derek continuously asking Chloe if she's okay! AWWEE!

-Chloe getting angry (and CURSING! well, if you count crap as a curse! Razz) when Andrew talks to her about Derek!!!

- Andrew blabbing on about animal and human instincts....*hemhem*.... "Derek seems very attached to you, Chloe" *Insert BIGGEST fangirl *SQUEE* of all time! Razz*

-"They didn't see Derek, all the saw was the werewolf" HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Razz

Im so glad I wasnt the only one screamin inside at all those parts! ^^^ Omg I can't wait for this book to come out!!!!! sunny
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pegasus Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:37 pm

Im not gonna read Chapter 9 when it comes out on the site... just gonna wait a few more days and read the book Very Happy
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down